Resultat 1 till 2 av 2

Ämne: Hur man går till väga att köpa en skrotad Harley/MC i USA.

Hur man går till väga att köpa en skrotad Harley/MC i USA.

Buying a Wrecked Motorcycle

When insurance companies declare motorcycles total losses, they eventually end up for sale, typically at a salvage yard. Motorcycles are declared total losses when they sustain enough damage that the repair cost exceeds its market value. All motorcycles sold at a salvage auction will carry a salvage title as a record of the prior total loss claim, and must be repaired and inspected before being driven again, according to state laws. If you are looking for an inexpensive motorcycle, whether to repair or harvest parts, you can often find one at a salvage auction.

Things You'll Need (Tap on items you have)
    Salvage yard
    Computer with internet access
    Money
    Steps (Tap on step to mark as complete)
    1 of 6
    Locate a salvage yard near you. Vendors are typically found in the phone book or by using an Internet search.
    2 of 6
    Contact the salvage yard to ensure it handles insurance vehicles and carries motorcycles in its inventory.
    3 of 6
    Register as a buyer with the salvage yard. Every yard has its own registration process. Typically you must provide your name and contact information. Some will charge a registration fee.
    4 of 6
    Browse the yard's online inventory and contact the seller or broker directly to negotiate a purchase. If the yard offers live auctions only, go to the yard at the correct day and time to participate in the auction process. The yard or broker representing the motorcycle should provide information about the vehicle's damages.
    5 of 6
    Settle the negotiation or have the highest bid at auction.
    6 of 6
    Provide payment to the salvage yard or the broker in accordance with the salvage yard's payment policies.
    Tips & Warnings
    Insurance companies provide a large number of vehicles to salvage yards annually. If you do not see a motorcycle you want in your yard's current inventory, just wait a little while. Newly totaled vehicles arrive every day and are sold each week.
    Your bike will be sold "as is." If it is an insurance-owned motorcycle, it will be damaged to some extent or may have been stolen and recovered. You will get no guarantees about safety or performance and it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of the parts or the repairs.

VIKTIGT! Information gällande tekniska frågor!

Inte medlem på HarleyForum.se? Registrera dig helt gratis här!

Finns en kille i Hedemora som pysslar med sånt, åker över och hyr en Van som han fyller med delar och skeppar hem det sen. Vissa av grejorna säljer han tillbaka till USA via ebay, i övrigt bygger han riktigt feta oldschool hojar och säljer, skulle klistrat in ett par bilder om inte jobbdatorn k*kade ur varje gång jag går in på facebook. Dom har den där riktigt sletna looken men är helrenoverade maskinellt.Blir jag rik nångång så ska han få bygga en åt mig.

Liknande ämnen

1. Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-11-21, 18:38
  2. En till Harley 1-stonka...
    Av admin i forum Harley-Davidson Bilder & Filmer
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-10-10, 19:27
  3. En till Japansk Harley
    Av admin i forum Harley-Davidson Bilder & Filmer
    Svar: 5
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-05-08, 23:31
  4. Svar: 1