Resultat 1 till 1 av 1

Ämne: Fuck me! (again) - Speedo dial FLHC (1981 FLHC)

V.I.B
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2015
    Tackad: 5

Arrow Fuck me! (again) - Speedo dial FLHC (1981 FLHC)

My speedo shat itself during one of my recent outings.
    Initially thought that the speedo cable snapped - but turned out to be the dial itself - 36 years down the track - not too bad when you start to think about it though
    So it looks like I need to spend some $ on a replacement dial or a repair of the old one - Apart from further expenses that I dont need, I wonder what the community think is the best path forward - The ratio is 2240:60 and I can get some aftermarket ones for AU $120 up...
    The problem I have is that Id like to preserve the stock look on the speedo that show both mph and km (as per pic below)
    Alternatively I can try to butcher the old one and reuse the dial, then carefully take the glass and rim out of the new replacement - no guarantee it would pan out - Tried it once and fucked up the dial completely (probably have a better chance to do it this time around due to learning from my previous mistakes ).
    I;ve only seen one that is identical to the one that came with my bike (on ebay, and they want a whopping SEK 3,552 + 250 (shipping) in shipping = cant justify that price though (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOS-Harle...53.m1438.l2649)

Again, the ratio on the one I have is 2240:60 (front wheel speedo cable) - 1981 FLHC with mph & km reading

The stock unit look fine (chrome is near perfect, no cracks, glass intact) so question is if its worth sending it to someone to have it repaired? If anyone know how or have connections Id be interested to know, even if this mean sending the unit off shore to get it fixed - just not sure about the cost compared to the risk of going for a after market one that I would need to tweak.

I'm located in Western Australia (men växte upp i Bromma, Blacken) - så frakt blir oxå intressant i det stora sammanhanget

Klicka på bilden för en större version. 

Namn:	speedo 1981 FLHC.jpg 
Visningar:	30 
Storlek:	93,5 KB 
Id:	19119
    Klicka på bilden för en större version. 

Namn:	IMG_8432.jpg 
Visningar:	30 
Storlek:	52,7 KB 
Id:	19120
    Senast redigerat av ghostwolf59 den 2017-09-07 klockan 11:51.

good @ being sucked @

Liknande ämnen

1. Sökes: Eletronisk kopia av 1981 shovel Handbok
    Av ghostwolf59 i forum Shovelhead
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2015-09-28, 13:35
  2. seat question: what fits stock 1981 FLH (FLHC)
    Av ghostwolf59 i forum Shovelhead
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2015-09-11, 16:36
  3. Motogadget Speedo tiny
    Av Pirre i forum El, Tändning, ECM, EFI, Tuner
    Svar: 5
    Senaste inlägg: 2014-08-29, 22:02
  4. FUCK OFF!
    Av robbbull i forum Harley-Davidson Bilder & Filmer
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2013-12-22, 21:35

Bokmärken